The Damsel was fascinated by this list of things you can do with coffee filters. She finds herself craving a package of them now, and she’s not even a coffee drinker. Someone whispered they are quite cheap at the dollar store, a thing the Damsel never supposed, since she’s never bought them before.
1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave.
2. Clean windows, mirrors, and chrome… Coffee filters are lint-free so they’ll leave windows sparkling.
3. Protect china from chipping each other by separating your good dishes with a coffee filter between each dish.
4. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through a sieve lined with a coffee filter.
5. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a coffee filter on a kitchen scale.
6. Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through the drainage holes.
7. Use instead of a paper towel to drain bacon, or other fried things.
8. Use a filter as an easy-to-tear-away backing for embroidering or appliqueing soft fabrics.
9. Use them to strain soup stock and to tie fresh herbs in, for soups and stews.
10. Use a coffee filter to prevent spilling when you add fluids to your car.
11. Use them to wrap Christmas ornaments for storage.
12. Use them to sprout seeds.. Simply dampen the coffee filter, place seeds inside, fold it and place it into a plastic baggie until they sprout.
13. Use coffee filters as blotting paper for pressed flowers. Place the flowers between two coffee filters and put the coffee filters in phone book..