No more eggs that have to be peeled chip by tiny chip. This is the Damsel’s wish for you. Obey her instructions, and everything will be as it should be.
1. Choose eggs that aren’t super fresh. If you didn’t take your eggs from under a chicken, you’re probably good, considering shipping and whatnot for the modern supermarket.
2. Set eggs carefully in a pot and cover with COLD water.
3. Heat until water boils.
4. Cover pot and remove from heat.
5. Let the eggs stand in the hot water, covered, for 18 minutes. Let us be clear that the pot is no longer on a hot burner.
6. Run cool water over the eggs. You can ice them if you like. DONE! Time to start coloring!