From time to time, the Damsel receives requests to guest post at the Old School. Substitute teaching, so to speak. She must admit that most of the requests don’t fit in with the curriculum and she sadly has to take a pass.
However, this one caught her eye. Could it be because the photo features a MAN cleaning?
The kitchen is the room in the home that is cleaned the most frequently, so that thorough cleaning, which is carried out from time to time, is easier. With the aid of organisation and planning, the whole kitchen can be cleaned in a really short span of time. Of course, even when the daily cleaning of the kitchen is carried out, people need the usual cleaning tools and substances. They should have enough cloths, sponges, cleaners, etc. If there are not enough tools or cleaning products at home, the necessary ones should be bought before the speed cleaning starts.
- First the sink should be filled with hot water, and soap should be added. If there is a double sink with a garbage disposal, the disposal free side should be used. The disposal side will be useful when it is necessary to scrape leftovers and send them down the drain. The scraping off of the dishes into the disposal is the next step. The dishes that need to be soaked in order to be washed well should be inserted into the dishwasher. The most heavily soiled dishes should be left at the bottom of the dishwasher. The large ones, like bowls or pans, should be filled with soapy water and left to soak.
While the dishes are soaking, it is time to clear the garbage from the floor, collect unnecessary matter from the cupboards or from any place in the kitchen.
There can be items in the kitchen that do not belong there, having been left by the family members while in a hurry. These items should be gathered in one place, and preferably put into some container, for example a basket, to be taken out in order to take the items to the places where they belong. Here is when more family members can join to help make cleaning the kitchen shorter.
- Then the dishwasher can be loaded, or washing the dishes by hand can be done. The washing by hand option is another stage of cleaning the kitchen when more family members can join to speed up the washing and putting in place of dishes, cutlery, etc.
- The next stage of the fast cleaning of the kitchen is the washing of the appliances, the sink, and the worktop.
- After the washing and the wiping, it is time to rinse the cloths and the sponges. Mopping or vacuuming should round off the speed cleaning process.
- The garbage collected in the course of the cleaning can be taken out and disposed of.
The amount of time spent on speed cleaning the kitchen depends on the number of householders. With larger families, the speed cleaning undertaking will take longer. On the other hand, if speed cleaning is done by the whole family, e.g. after dinner, it can be really fast and hassle free. Speed cleaning is needed on a daily basis, as a small cleaning project which saves a lot of time in the long run, and also when some unexpected guests phone to inform they are coming any moment. Speed cleaning can turn into a fun family game if you involve some of the family members who can even get some small reward for the work being done.
Bio: Cindy Davis is writer and freelancer. She has great passion for cleaning, as it is of great importance of her family’s health to always keep their home clean and sanitized. Therefore her present article is focused around this topic.